Senior General Min Aung Hlaing, leader of the Rohingya Genocide culprits, traveled to Russia to attend a conference in Moscow. This is his second trip abroad since taking power through coup in February. He attended the Moscow International Security Conference on June 22-24.
In November, the civilian government led by Aung San Suu Kyi was overthrown on charges of vote fraud although NLD won the election in a landslide victory. UN General Assembly calls for end to arms exports to Burma and urged military juntra to recognize the election results and to release all political prisoners, including Aung San Suu Kyi.
The senior general was proud to receive an honorary professor from the University, which is a tradition of the Russian Federation. In honor of the honorary professor, Senior General Min Aung Hlaing discussed issues related to Russia-Myanmar military cooperation; To fulfill and enhance the interests of the two armies and civil society. He said he would strengthen ties in all areas as much as possible.
Negotiations are underway after the coup to repatriate 1.1 million Rohingya who were expelled from Rakhine and taken refuge in Bangladesh because of genocidal clearance operations of Burmese military in 2017. However, even those who have been living in IDP Concentration Camps since 2012 have not been allowed to return to their homes because the military leaders are reluctant to do so.
The junta continues to speak in a tone of genocide against the Rohingya. Their spokesman recently said the Rohingya issue was not on their priority list. He argued that this was due to pressure from Rakhine nationalist leaders. The Burmese junta did not expect to face strong opposition from supporters of the NLD and the people after the coup. The junta is still awaiting international recognition. As the Rohingya issue is not their priority, ASEAN countries are not against Burma’s junta.
According to today’s State Newspaper “The Mirror” Burmese military will continue committing #Rohingya Genocide. It mentions there is no Rohingya in #Myanmar.#WhatsHappeningInMyanmar pic.twitter.com/PPuh2hXGn4
— Aung Aung (@Aungaungsittwe) June 30, 2021
Geopolitically, Myanmar is important to China. Rakhine State, located in the Bay of Bengal, became particularly strategic in 2013 in China’s Belt and Road Initiative (BRI), a geographical strategic plan. Offshore Golden Gas pipelines from Kyaukphyu of Burma to Kunming of China was built during genocidal attacks of Burmese armed forces against Rohingya in 2012-2013.
The Rakhine politicians, their political party ANP (Rakhine National Party) and the Arakan Army (AA) and the United League of Rakhine (ULA) opposed Suu Kyi government and the Burmese army. At the same time, 60 percent of the locals, who are Buddhists oppose 30 percent Rohingya as an excuse of State Security. Large investments are planned in the economic zone near Maungdaw, Rakhine State. To implement the project, the Burmese military launched a genocidal clearance operation.
The National Unity Government (NUG), now an alliance against the junta, in basically formed with NLD MPs. The NUG, along with its political efforts, encouraged armed insurgency but failed to build enough forces to confront the Burmese military. NUG promises to take back Rohingya refugees who have fled the country.
The Rohingya have been genocide victims since the 1970s, but the World knew it when the Burmese army has started mass killing and destruction of hundreds of Rohingya villages in the name Clearance Operation in 2017. The genocidal intent against Rohingya is a national policy of Myanmar. The military leaders of Myanmar and President of China are working together systematically to make China’s plans successful.
Burmese military leaders and Rakhine politicians have systematically planned for the Rohingya genocide as follows:
(1) They want to erase the history of the Rohingya and spread propaganda through the State-run media that the Rohingya do not exist in Burma .
(2) The Rohingyas are alleged illegal Bengali immigrants from Bangladesh and Chittagong people. Treating them as the Nazis treated Jews during the Second World War.
(3) The Burmese government and the Rakhine authorities have sought to deprive the Rohingyas’ rights using social and political power. Not only the Burmese military was systematically oppressing the Rohingya, but also the Rakhine were inciting discrimination against the Rohingya. Government departments implement local laws orally issued to prohibit Rohingya in government service such as teachers or police force. Thus, the Rohingya were denied citizenship.
(4) Rohingya are called viruses or insects and deny them to be human by military leaders and Rakhine politicians. Hate speech has been spread through newspapers and radio stations claiming that the Rohingyas are illegal Bengali who are threatening State Security.
(5) The State has always planned the genocidal acts against Rohingya. The Burmese government has used the Rakhine people to kill the Rohingya brutally, accusing them of endangering the country’s sovereignty. China has also fully supported the military leaders’ genocidal acts against Rohingya to implement the Golden Gas, Deep Sea Port projects and the establishment of an industrial zone in Maungdaw.
China, which has covered up the Uyghurs Genocide, it is also directly involved in the Rohingya genocide. The Chinese president, who does not care human values, deliberately exported the Wuhan virus to the World as the Covid-19. Russia’s support for the genocidal Burmese military leaders and Chinese leaders has made it clear that Russia was also involved in the genocide.
For Burmese Readers – https://aungaungsittwe.com/mm/archives/3959